- 45 ml Macallan 12 Years Double Cask
- 15 ml biscuit syrup
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- Orange slice and cherry for garnish
- Large ice cube
- Possibly. add a little soda
1. Start by making the biscuit syrup. This can be done by combining equal parts sugar and water in a pan, add crumbled biscuit and heat it until the sugar is completely dissolved. Sieve it to remove the biscuit pieces. Allow to cool before use.
2. Add bourbon, biscuit syrup and angostura bitters to a mixing glass.
3. Stir the ingredients together with ice until the glass feels cool.
4. Strain the mixture over a large ice cube into a tumbler glass.
5. Garnish with a slice of orange and a cherry on top.
Garnish: Lemon Peel
Glass: Tumbler Glass / Old Fashioned Glass
This cocktail offers an inviting blend of sweetness from bourbon and the unique, warm flavor of biscuit syrup.
It's a nice twist on a classic Old Fashioned, with the biscuit syrup adding a homey, comforting note.
It is balanced with the bitter touch of Angostura and the freshness of the orange slice adds a bit of liveliness.
Biscuit Fashioned is a cocktail that is suitable for all seasons. It is perfect for cozy evenings in winter, but can also work as an unexpected surprise for summer cocktail parties.