Blood and Sand is a classic cocktail made with scotch whisky, orange juice, cherry liqueur and red vermouth. The name comes from an earlier Hollywood film of the same name. This cocktail is known for its unique taste and beautiful color, which resembles blood.
- 3 cl Scotch whisky
- 3 cl orange juice
- 2 cl cherry liqueur (Heering or Cherry brandy)
- 2 cl red vermouth
Course of action:
- Take a cocktail glass and fill it with ice.
- Add scotch whiskey, orange juice, cherry liqueur and red vermouth in a shaker or tall glass.
- Stir the ingredients together and then strain into the cocktail glass.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your Blood and Sand.
Blood and Sand can be customized to your taste by using different types of Scotch whisky. There are many variations of Scotch whisky, from mild and sweet to strong and smoky. It is important to choose the right type of scotch whiskey as it can have a big impact on the final taste of the cocktail.
For example, if you use a mild and sweet scotch whisky, it will give a softer and sweeter taste compared to a strong and smoky scotch whisky, will give a stronger taste. It is also important to adjust the amount of the other ingredients so that the flavors balance properly.
It's always a good idea to experiment with different types of Scotch whiskey and adjust the amounts of ingredients until you find the perfect balance for your taste.